America House Kyiv is a welcoming, dynamic space that fosters discussion and debate, provides opportunities for professional and personal skill-building, and sparks creativity and collaboration around shared Ukrainian and U.S. values. Peer-to-peer cultural exchanges, discussions, and learning opportunities at America House provide visitors (both in-person and online) with a seat in “America’s living room.” America House supports U.S. public diplomacy in Ukraine by creating a place for innovative, direct engagement with Ukrainian audiences, promoting open dialogue, counteracting negative preconceptions, and building cultural bridges to deepen mutual understanding. We are open to all audiences, with a focus on emerging voices of Ukrainians 18 to 35 years old.
In order to help us fulfil this mission, America House Kyiv employs a variety of programming parameters which allow for the sharing of many aspects of the United States. We encourage peer-to-peer exchange and content creation. If you have an idea for a program that works towards the objectives of America House and would like to partner with us, please send us your proposal.
While not limited to these, we are especially interested in proposals that contribute to our programming themes:
June, July and August 2016
- Discover America
- The Great Outdoors
- Media, Communication, and Free Speech
September, October and November 2016
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Creativity
- Urban Planning and Smart Cities
- Elections and Democratic processes
December, January, February 2016/2017
- Public Service
- US/Ukraine relations
- Our Communities
March, April, May 2017
- Technology and tech solutions
- Women’s rights
- Spotlight on Civil Society
America House invites innovative formats for the proposed events and programs, such as, but not limited to the following:
- Talk Shows;
- Conversations and discussions (World Café, Future Search, Living Library etc);
- Workshops and hands-on seminars, including art making classes;
- Performances (music, dance, fashion shows, cooking demonstrations, etc.)
- Technology showcases;
- Panel discussions;
- Community gatherings;
- Digital video conferences;
- Film screenings;
America House Provides:
- Comfortable, tech-forward space;
- Technology (projector, laptops, screen, audio- and video equipment, smart boards, simultaneous translation equipment) and tech support;
- Ability to stream and broadcast to remote locations through our nationwide network;
- Promotional support through America House’s communication platforms;
- Access to the Internet and online resources.
We do not provide:
- Refreshments (can be arranged with our on-site caterer for purchase);
- Expendable supplies for participants (notebooks, pens etc)
- External equipment set-up;
- Clean-up services;
- Bulk printing and copying;
- Funding for programming and workshop supplies; and
- Travel costs.
America House is open Tuesday – Friday, 12:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m., Saturday, 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. The proposed program should take place during public hours. All events in America House must be non-commercial, non-profit, non-partisan, and free of charge for all attendees.
To collaborate on America House programming, please fill out the program proposal form.
If you have an idea for a gallery exhibit that works towards the objectives of America House and would like to collaborate with us, please visit our gallery's web page.
Proposals are reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of event submissions, those submitted 6 weeks prior to the scheduled event are most likely to be successful.