Learn more about opportunities for educational and professional exchanges in the U.S. and opportunities for USG alumni! Join us Saturday, June 17, at America House for info sessions on applying for programs, participating in interviews, or even how to successfully implement grant projects.
○ 11.30-12.00am: Tips from an Application Reviewer: Applying and Interviewing for Exchange and Educational Programs (RaeJean Stokes, U.S. Embassy)
○ 12-12:30pm: America House Resources and Opportunities for You (Tetyana Strelchenko, America House)
○ 12:30-1:00pm: Presentation of Resources for U.S. Exchange Alumni (Inna Zdor, U.S. Embassy)
○ 1:00-1:40pm: Educational Opportunities in the U.S. (Liz Shchepetylnykova, EdUSA)
○ 1:45-2:15pm: Writing a Statement of Purpose or Application Essay (Viktoriya Mikhailenko, U.S. Embassy)
○ 2:15-3:00pm: Improve your Public Presentation Skills (Viktoriya Mikhailenko, U.S. Embassy)
○ 3:00-3:30pm: Successful Grant Applications and Project Implementation (Anton Plaksun, NGO Svitlo)
Remember! To enter America House you should present a passport or driver's license.
Join us for the public talk by Elif Batuman, American author, journalist and academic. Elif Batuman has been a staff writer at The New Yorker since 2010. From 2010 to 2013 she lived in Istanbul, Turkey, where she was a writer-in-residence at Koç University.
No way! You must be kidding! It will be our 200th WE@America House! Of course we’ll be celebrating this occasion. We'll have several guests from the United States here to treat you to a variety of English language games and activities.
Do you have a university degree in a language-related field and/or little experience in translation? Are you tired of only learning theory? We bet that you are ready to practice and unlock your full potential. So leave your cozy bookworm nest and conquer this world with your translator's talent!
Interpreters and translators work this hard and harder to connect the world through language. This week we'll be honoring our translation and interpretation professionals through a series of fun and informative activities.
We would like to welcome all beginner-level English learners every Friday from 5:00 - 6:00 PM for a general English course at America House. This course will cover all the skills you need to improve your communication in English.
While examining the influence of the fast food industry, Morgan Spurlock personally explores the consequences on his health of a diet of solely McDonald's food for one month.