Learn more about opportunities for educational and professional exchanges in the U.S. and opportunities for USG alumni! Join us Saturday, June 17, at America House for info sessions on applying for programs, participating in interviews, or even how to successfully implement grant projects.
○ 11.30-12.00am: Tips from an Application Reviewer: Applying and Interviewing for Exchange and Educational Programs (RaeJean Stokes, U.S. Embassy)
○ 12-12:30pm: America House Resources and Opportunities for You (Tetyana Strelchenko, America House)
○ 12:30-1:00pm: Presentation of Resources for U.S. Exchange Alumni (Inna Zdor, U.S. Embassy)
○ 1:00-1:40pm: Educational Opportunities in the U.S. (Liz Shchepetylnykova, EdUSA)
○ 1:45-2:15pm: Writing a Statement of Purpose or Application Essay (Viktoriya Mikhailenko, U.S. Embassy)
○ 2:15-3:00pm: Improve your Public Presentation Skills (Viktoriya Mikhailenko, U.S. Embassy)
○ 3:00-3:30pm: Successful Grant Applications and Project Implementation (Anton Plaksun, NGO Svitlo)
Remember! To enter America House you should present a passport or driver's license.
Zsuzsa Papp, Student Recruitment Officer at Central European University has a few tips for you on how to compile a competitive application package in order to give you an edge with your university application and assist you with your scholarship application.
This week we will further our work with sentence variety: Behold the mighty adjective clause!
So do you have rhythmn? This week's speech club is all about rhyme and rhythmn in English. We play with limericks, speaking pace, tongue twisters and more.
Come to America House and chat with Major Michelle C. O’Brien-Gietka, who is United States Air Force Officer and the Security Assistance Officer at the U.S. Office of Defense Cooperation in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Are you just beginning to learn English? Did you study English when you were young, but haven't practiced in many years? Do you sometimes feel lost when everyone around you is using English? If so, then we have a new course designed just for you.
As a lawyer investigates the murder of a colleague, he finds himself more connected to the crime than anyone else.
Our celebration of female authors rolls on this week with the boldest most ahead-of-her time literary feminist of them all, Kate Chopin. Join us for a close reading and invigorating discussion of two of her best known short works, ‘The Storm’ and ‘The Story of an Hour’.
'Beyond Measure' follows a new vanguard of educators across the country who are pioneering a fresh vision for American schools. Pulling from expert research in education, child development, and cognitive and neuroscience, these leaders are creating a new type of classroom.