Please join us for an exciting informal chat session with Brett Hurst!
Here are some interesting facts about Brett:
1. This isn't the first time he has been to Ukraine. In fact, about ten years ago, he lived in Ukraine for two years as a church missionary. He was able to live in Kyiv, Ivano-Frankivsk, and Chernivtsi, and he has visited Lutsk, Lviv, and Uzhgorod. He especially loved the Carpathian mountains. He was able to learn Ukrainian and some Russian, and he is always interested in getting some practice speaking either language.
2. In addition to living in Ukraine, he has been able to visit more than 20 different countries around the world, including Mexico, Spain, and Iceland.
3. He has been married for almost four years to a beautiful bassoonist and graphic designer named Chelsea. They have a 1-year-old son named Noah, and he's the most adorable baby ever.
4. In his spare time, he enjoys reading about Roman history and astronomy, and he loves to read classic science fiction--especially Ray Bradbury and Isaac Asimov.
5. He is an amateur photographer, and one of the pictures that he has taken was printed in newspapers around the US.
6. He grew up in Boise, Idaho, and enjoys hiking and camping--especially in the Sawtooth Mountains.
7. He's working on a master's degree through the University of North Carolina. His master's program involves several study abroad semesters. This spring, he studied at Charles University in Prague, and this fall he will study at the University of Bath in the United Kingdom.
Don't forget to bring your passport or driver's license.