Please join us for an exciting informal chat session with our special guest – George Kent, the Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine.
Here are some interesting bio facts:
- Studied Russian History and Literature at Harvard (graduated in 1989);
- Joined the U.S. Foreign Service in 1992; first posting was Tashkent, Uzbekistan;
- His wife is Crimean Tatar. Met her in Asia where her family lived after Stalin exiled them to Central Asia on May 18, 1944;
- On May 18th George and his wife are going to celebrate the 20th anniversary of their wedding (May 18, 1996);
- Served at the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine as a Russian speaking officer from 2004-2007;
- Promised Ukrainian friends he would learn Ukrainian before coming back and he did.
Do not forget to bring your passport or driver’s license.