Please join us for an exciting informal chat session with our special guest - Mackie Chang!
Here are some interesting facts about Mackie:
1) He's finishing his Masters thesis on the effects of institutions on corruption in Ukraine with the University of North Carolina chapel hill, in a program called the "Transatlantic Masters". The program is in conjunction with European universities that exchange students studying in the fields of political science. For his program he's studied at Charles University in Prague and Bath University in England.
2) In 2013 he helped to start soccer without borders operations in Southern California, working to bring refugee children who've settled from around the world community building programs focused on soccer. He had the privilege to work on the project with former US men's national team player John Obrien, who played for the Dutch club Ajax for some years.
3) His real name is Mackenzie but has always been called Mackie since birth, after Hawaiian singer Mackey Feary. He was his mom's favorite singer.
4) His mother is from Hawaii and his father is from New York.
5) He previously interned at the US Embassy in Berlin and has also lived in Sweden, the UK, and the Czech Republic.
6) He played basketball all throughout his childhood.
7) "Good Will Hunting", starring the late Robin Williams, Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, is his favorite movie.
8) He grew up about 15 minutes away from Disneyland
Please bring your passport to enter America House.